We are delighted to offer our popular series of CPD seminars as live and on-demand webinars.
THE ROLE & PERFORMANCE OF FIRE & SMOKE RESISTING DOORS
The importance of fire and smoke resistant door assemblies is easily illustrated by the 216 deaths per year in fire tragedies in the UK alone. Apart from the human toll, property losses each year approach £1.3 billion.
The CPD Covers:
- Hard facts concerning deaths, injuries and property damage caused by fire and smoke
- Regulatory requirements for fire and smoke resisting door assemblies
- The nature and behaviour of smoke
- Effective design of door assemblies for smoke containment including the threshold gap
- Design conflicts between fire containment, smoke containment, durability and ease of
operation on the door
- Independent accreditation.
UNDERSTANDING THE REGULATORY REFORM (FIRE SAFETY) ORDER 2005 & ITS IMPLICATION FOR FIRE DOORS
There have been 560 prosecutions in England and Wales under the RRO (2006 – 2018), ranging from large well-known companies such as New Look who were fined £536,000, to small family run businesses who have also been targeted. The RRO shifts the blame to the ‘responsible person’ of that building; meaning anyone can be prosecuted under the act for lack of fire safety.
The CPD Covers:
- Quick introduction to the RRO and who is responsible for a building’s fire safety
- Examples of companies who have come under fire from the RRO
- The danger of fire and smoke
- The importance of fire doors including installation and maintenance
- Examples of poorly maintained and fitted fire doors with cost effective solutions.