This is the Privacy Notice for ASSA ABLOY Limited trading as Lorient. Lorient is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice describes:
- the types of personal data we collect from you in connection with this website and when you interact with us as a customer or consumer;
- how we use that information and why;
- who we share it with and where;
- how long we store it for;
- your rights , including how you can contact us if you have additional questions about the processing of your personal data; and
- how we can make changes to this notice
ASSA ABLOY Limited trading as Lorient is registered in England under number 02096505 of ASSA ABLOY Limited is Portobello, School Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 3PW as "data controller" is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Lorient is part of the ASSA ABLOY group of companies.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and store:
Your name, company name and email which you submit in order to sign-up for electronic direct marketing, request an expert consultation or other information from us.
Your title, name, company name, address, telephone number and email address when you register for our Members Area.
If you use our live chat service, we will capture a record of the interaction.
Your name, email, company, address and telephone number when you enquire about or register for training and webinars which we provide.
In addition to the information you submit we are gathering your IP address to serve you with geographically-relevant content and personalisation purposes.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
|Why do we process this personal data?||What is the legal basis for processing?|
|To register and administer Members Area accounts.||It is in our legitimate interest to provide this service as requested by customers.|
|To send product samples and brochures to customers.||It is in our legitimate interest to provide this service as requested by customers.|
|To carry out statistical analysis about the use of the website to better understand how our website is used and make improvements to it, as well as tailor your experience of the website.||When you have provided your consent to do so.|
|To respond to queries from customers and provide product support.||It is in our legitimate interest to respond to customer queries and provide product support.|
|To send you communications about relevant products & promotions, in accordance with your marketing preferences.||We will only send you relevant content where we have your consent to do so.|
|To provide online and face to face training about our products and services.||It is in our legitimate interest to provide this service as requested by customers.|
|To comply with legal requirements to which we are subject, such as tax or financial reporting requirements.||Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.|
WHO AND WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED TO?
We may transfer your personal data for the purposes set out above:
- To organizations of the ASSA ABLOY Group that market, sell and support our solutions in your country when you sign-up for an expert consultation or request information from us
- To third parties who provide services connected to this website or its functions, but only to the extent necessary to provide these services:
- IT (Information Technology) providers who host, develop and offer support for this website
- Digital Analytics providers who provide us with tools that help us improve your experience on our website
- Live chat providers if you use our live chat functionality
- Webcast providers if you sign up to attend or view a webinar
Some recipients are located in countries outside the EU/European Economic Area (EEA). As in some cases these countries have a lower level of protection than that within the EU/EEA, when transferring personal data to countries outside of the UK or EU/EEA we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure a sufficient level of protection for your personal data.
We take measures to protect all personal data transferred to a third party, or to other countries, in accordance with applicable data protection laws and as stated above.
FOR HOW LONG WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data has been collected, and in accordance with our internal record retention schedule. This means that we delete your personal data when such data is no longer necessary to process a request or to manage our relationship. Statistics which have been anonymised may be saved for longer.
In relation to the personal data that we hold about you, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data from our records;
- Ask that we correct or erase your personal data (though this may mean that we cannot process requests or orders, or that your account expires);
- Ask us to stop processing your personal data (for example as regards the use of the data to improve our website), or restrict how we process it (for example if you deem the data to be incorrect);
- Request the personal data used to provide you with information you requested, process an order, or manage your account or our relationship in a machine-readable format, which you are entitled to transfer to another data controller; and
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your data for marketing purposes at any time.
We may not accept a request to erase your personal data where we require it to comply with a legal obligation or in relation to a legal claim.
Requests to exercise your rights should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data you are entitled to report this to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) at ico.org.uk or to the supervisory authority where you live or work if different, list of which can be found at ec.europa.eu
HOW CAN WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will notify you of any such changes (including when they will take effect). Your continued use of the website after any such updates takes effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this privacy notice, you should stop using this website.
Version 1.1 November 2022