Approved Document B
The requirements for fire and smoke containment with respect to “means of escape” are contained in Approved Document B to the Building Regulations (England and Wales), Section 2 of the Scottish Technical Handbooks and Technical Booklet E to the Building Regulations (Northern Ireland).
These Approved Documents are not mandatory, they are only guidance. However, they are considered to be the usual means of proving compliance with the Building Regulations.
Other useful links:
- This link to The Planning Portal provides copies of the Approved Documents for England & Wales.
- This link to the Scottish Building Standards Agency provides copies of the Scottish Technical Handbooks.
- This link to Building Control Northern Ireland provides copies of the Building Regulations for Northern Ireland.
Relevant Lorient links:
- Acoustic, Smoke & Fire Seals for Door Assemblies
- CPD Seminar: The Role & Performance of Fire & Smoke Resisting Door Assemblies
For more information please contact Technical: Telephone: +44 (0) 1626 834252 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org