FIRE PREVENTION & PROTECTION Event
We're delighted to be hosting our popular CPD, The Role & Performance of Fire & Smoke Resisting Doors at DCE's Fire Prevention & Protection Day on the 17th May 2022.
DCE (Direct Contact Exhibitions) is the UK’s leading provider of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for the construction industry. The live webinar will be presented by Lorient Sarah Lewis, Lorient's Specifications Manager.
The Role & Performance of Fire & Smoke Resisting Doors
The importance of fire and smoke resistant door assemblies is easily illustrated by the 216 deaths per year in fire tragedies in the UK alone. Apart from the human toll, property losses each year approach £1.3 billion.
The CPD covers:
- Hard facts concerning deaths, injuries and property damage caused by fire and smoke;
- Regulatory requirements for fire and smoke resisting door assemblies; The nature and behaviour of smoke;
- Effective design of door assemblies for smoke containment including the threshold gap;
- Design conflicts between fire containment, smoke containment, durability and ease of operation on the door;
- Independent accreditation.
17 May 2022 @ 9:30AM
Register for free below to join.