The Talkback Damper System is a centralised status monitoring control unit that is designed to work with up to 16 fire and smoke resistant air transfer grilles, including: LVN20S, LVN25S, LVV40S, LVH20S and LVH44S.
A unique 2-way communication system operates between the Damper Control and Monitor Unit (DCM) and the air transfer grille actuators. These are connected, via a control panel, to a standard fire alarm system. In the event of an alarm condition, or power failure, the shutters close, preventing the passage of cold smoke.
Talkback is designed to give peace of mind to a building’s occupants in that it:
- is fail-safe – the smoke shutters will automatically close in the event of an alarm, power failure or damage to the wiring
- resets automatically – when the alarm is cancelled or power restored
- is self-testing – every 24 hours the dampers are automatically closed and opened to check they are working and to dislodge any dust and debris between the moving parts
- continuously monitors the status of each damper and displays this on the DCM
- is easy and quick to install – simple loop wiring is used and the damper units are supplied ready assembled and tested
- uses a safe 12V DC supply to open and close the dampers
- has been successfully tested in accordance with the requirements of the Electro Magnetic Compatibility and Low Voltage Directive and therefore bears the CE mark (copies of the relevant test reports are available on request).