Fire, Smoke and Weather Sealing for Door Assemblies
Approved Document M says that doors need to be easy for everyone to use. Which of your products do you suggest?
Many of our products have been designed with ease of access in mind, and the seals we recommend will provide exceptionally low frictional resistance to ensure the seal interferes as little as possible with the smooth operation of the doorset.
- For a combined acoustic, smoke and fire sealing solution, we recommend you take a look at our DS or Finesse™ seal. Please remember that traditional brush-style fire & smoke seals provide very high levels of frictional resistance, so won't be suitable.
- For acoustic and smoke containment only, either for new door assemblies or as a retrofit solution, our Batwing® seal is ideal - we've re-engineered the fins now into a unique curved design, so they provide even less resistance.
- Alternatively, any of our perimeter seals mounted onto the doorstop (eg, our LAS7001), will provide a compression seal that will provide minimal interference.
- It's vital to have a seal at the threshold for effective acoustic and smoke containment, and our drop seals (eg, our LAS8005) have been designed with high efficiency mechanisms, so doors can be opened with the minimum of effort.
- We also offer a range of threshold ramps for situations where different floor levels need to be accommodated.