Approved Document M
Approved Document M to the Building Regulations (England and Wales), section 4 of the Scottish Technical Handbooks, and Technical Booklet R to the Building Regulations (Northern Ireland) relate to accessibility for all persons entering and using buildings.
These Documents specify the size and location for glazed panels in doors in various situations, in order to promote safety and accessibility. Visual contrast on the leading edge of doors is also included, as are opening and closing forces for ease of door operation, threshold height and door width requirements.
These Approved Documents are not mandatory, they are only guidance. However, they are considered to be the usual means of proving compliance with the Building Regulations.
Other useful links:
- This link to The Planning Portal provides copies of the Approved Documents for England & Wales.
- This link to the Scottish Building Standards Agency provides copies of the Scottish Technical Handbooks.
- This link to Building Control Northern Ireland provides copies of the Building Regulations for Northern Ireland.
Relevant Lorient links:
- DS Acoustic, Smoke & Fire Seal
- Batwing® Acoustic & Smoke Seal
- integrity® 4000 series threshold plates and ramps
For more information please contact Technical: Telephone: +44 (0) 1626 834252 e-mail: email@example.com